ATFT Intermediate Carbine/Pistol Course
Atlantic Tactical Firearms Trainers Intermediate Carbine/Pistol Course
Conducted by a Multi-Discipline Certified Law Enforcement Instructor.
The participant will be exposed to an assortment of different carbines, equipment selection and fit for their individual needs. The course will introduce the student to the deployment of the carbine as a personal defense firearm.
Duration: 8 Hours
Course Cost: $175.00 *includes range fees and targets
Course Goal: After attending this course, the student will have the knowledge, confidence, and basic and intermediate skills to safely operate their carbine for defensive purposes.
Course Prerequisites: The participant must be able to demonstrate proficiency in weapon handling, working from concealment and single hand shooting techniques.
Course Subject Matter:
- Carbine selection/Equipment
- Nomenclature, function, field stripping, maintenance
- Ballistics and Zeroing
- Loading, unloading, chamber check
- Shooting positions
- Precision marksmanship, close quarters battle
- Reloading and malfunction drills
- Transition to pistol
- Shooting on the move
Gear to bring to course:
- A modern carbine and pistol *for those who do not yet have a permit or own a firearm, it will be provided by the Instructor- Please call the office if you do not have a carbine and/or pistol.
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Footwear suitable for rapid movement and turning
- Baseball style hat
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection
- A Jacket or shirt capable of covering the weapon
- Clothing appropriate for climate and conditions
- Knee pads (Optional)
- 600 rounds of factory ammunition
- Sling or 2-point sling system
- At least 3 magazines
- Magazine pouch
- Dump pouch
- 300 rounds of factory ammunition
- Outside holster
- At least 3 speed loaders
- Magazine / Speed loader pouches
- Dump pouch
Course Completion: Upon successful completion of this orientation you will receive the approved certificate.
- ATFT Salisbury, MD Classrooms and Range
- Mobile Training Teams
- 3rd Party Host Sites
Don’t currently have a Maryland firearm permit?
Our Maryland Handgun Qualification License course teaches you all the necessary skills and law needed to obtain that permit. For more information just click here. For states other than Maryland, please visit our classes page to find the right class for you. Click here.
Please call for more information
Atlantic Tactical is now proud to offer ink and Livescan Fingerprinting services for your Maryland, Arizona and Utah concealed carry permits.
Our finger printing packages:
- Finger Printing
Investment: $25 per ink Finger print card (not including the cost of firearms training)
(Livescan prices vary by category Handgun permit prints cost is $60)
For our turn-key finger printing package, it includes:
- Prepping of required paperwork
- Required Money Order
- Mailing of required paperwork
Maryland CCW Package $235 (not including the cost of firearms training)
Maryland HQL Package $160 (not including the cost of firearms training)
Arizona Package $150 (not including the cost of firearms training)
Ask about adding this at your next class.